Elliott Statement on Alexion
LONDON -- (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Funds advised by Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited (together “Elliott” or “we”) acknowledge the statement issued by Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Alexion” or “the Company”) on Friday.
Elliott confirms that it has had a multiyear, constructive and private engagement with Alexion that has led to value-creative changes at the Company. Despite two years of strong execution that bolstered the Company’s strategic value, we believe Alexion remains significantly undervalued by the market. Elliott is encouraged by the Board’s public commitment to evaluate any inbound interest and its overall commitment to shareholder value creation. Elliott remains of the view that Alexion would be a highly valuable strategic and financial asset for a number of larger pharmaceutical companies. We also continue to believe that a proactive approach would maximise the chance of an optimal outcome.
We look forward to continuing our dialogue with the Company in an effort to close the gap between its current share price and its fundamental value.
Elliott Management Corporation manages two multi-strategy investment funds which combined have approximately $38.2 billion of assets under management. Its flagship fund, Elliott Associates, L.P., was founded in 1977, making it one of the oldest funds under continuous management. The Elliott funds’ investors include pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, foundations, funds-of-funds, high net worth individuals and families, and employees of the firm. Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited is an affiliate of Elliott Management Corporation.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191209005485/en/
Sarah Rajani CFA
Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited
+44 (0) 20 3009 1475
- 澳洲國家聽力中心改由Rimini Street提供電子商務支援和維護
- Andersen Global 擴展中東業務；首次在巴勒斯坦亮相
- 沙烏地阿拉伯國王任命Fahd Al-Rasheed為利雅德市皇家委員會主席
- Naspers Limited: Results of the Sale by Naspers Limited of 22 Million N Ordinary Shares of Prosus N.V. Through an Accelerated Bookbuild Offering to Institutional Investors
- HK100 Secures Spot as Prestigious Global Event Drawing Thousands to Its Scenic Trail
- I Squared Capital將與Rubis就歐洲知名的石油產品、化學品、農產品和化肥儲存公司Rubis Terminal展開合作
- SD 和 microSD記憶卡 - 全球首選記憶卡 - 20 周年創新
- Naspers Limited Launches the Sale of c. 22 Million N Ordinary Shares of Prosus N.V. Through an Accelerated Bookbuild Offering to Institutional Investors
- Ares Management Corporation Announces Agreement to Acquire Majority Interest in SSG Capital Holdings Limited
- Majority of People Want Governments to Do More to Reduce Smoking Rates, According to a New Global Survey From PMI